Radically reframe three guiding principles for a happier neurodivergent family
- Neurodivergence refers to the concept that certain developmental disorders are normal variations in the brain by using the term neuro divergence instead of disorder
- A stronger focus on differences rather than deficits
- Kids aren't a burden to cope with, but rather part of an exciting journey you are on as a parent, caregiver or educator
- Parenting is a deeply personal experience and there is no right or best way to parent that has been proven
Equality versus equity
- Equity is different from equality, equity is about matching needs. Everyone's situations and abilities are different. We need to move forward as a society with equity in mind, points to be mindful about.
- When joining neurodivergent communities, or actually autistic communities be aware that many members have been traumatized and ignored for voicing their concerns